Friday, September 30, 2011

Orange, Yellow, Brown

This morning I woke up at 7:15 and the foster puppy was still sleeping.  Times they are a changin!  I wanted to do some card making this morning and had an idea all worked out in my head so out of bed we all got.

Guess what?  It's another Thank You card.  For those new to this blog let me explain the ongoing creation of Thank You card after Thank You card.  I foster for AARCS and they send out hand made Thank You cards to all people that donate.  They are a great organization who relies entirely on donations to make ends meet. Without them, my current foster puppy would surely not be alive today.  If you are interested, you can read more about Willie here.  Now on to card making....

I've been wanting to try the faux mosaic tile technique posted by Kim on the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.  This is the card I came up with.  I think it looks better in the picture than in real life.  The yellow trees show up better.  I need a bit of work on my blending technique on the background but I think it's pretty good for a first try. 


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
CR84FN Challenge 39
Scrapbooker's Paradise PPC35
Penny's Challenge #63
4 Crafty Chicks  Challenge 57 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Fall card and for such a wonderful cause. Love the mosaic technique. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! thanks for playing with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean simple and super fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! I love the trees! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great autumnal card...love that tree stamp (I am sucker for tree stamps)! Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets